Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Lash Extensions VS. Lash Growth Serums


For those of you that don't personally know me... I am a mascara ADDICT. I love thick, long and voluminous lashes (yes the more caked on the better)! Over the years I noticed that the continuous application of mascara dried my lashes out and made them brittle and short. I tried everything from castor oil to lash conditioner to just about every different mascara Sephora had in stock. It was quite the expensive obsession!

When I got my Aesthetics license I was introduced to eyelash extensions! I'll admit that I liked getting them done a thousand times more than doing them, it is a tedious process that takes a steady hand and about 2 hours of complete focus. The results though were amazing and I was absolutely hooked! I had lash extensions on and off for a few years, taking a break in between long uses to help keep my natural lashes healthy and strong.

After some time and a lot of $$$ spent every 3 weeks, I decided to go the natural route (so to speak) and try lash growth serums instead! I have had some really great experiences and some not so great ones through trial and error. Most lash serums take up to 8 weeks to see results if they are successful, and when you stop using them they stop growing your lashes therefore you have to use them continuously for even results.

I love both of these options for different situations! Eyelash extensions are perfect and flawless for the summer and/or vacations near water, they're waterproof and less time consuming than mascara. Lash serums are great for long term lash health! I personally like to use them together, when I have lash extensions I will use a serum to help keep my natural lashes healthy which also helps to extend the life of my extensions.



Lash Extensions I Recommend-

Minkys Eyelash Extensions- as seen in photo above

Novalash Eyelash Extensions



Lash Serums I Recommend-

Ageless Lashes by Image Skin Care

Babe Eyelash Serum

No comments:

Post a Comment