Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Product Review #5- Josie Maran Argan Oil


Okay so the thought of putting oil on my face would have given me a sincere anxiety attack about a week ago! When we think of oil we automatically associate it with the idea of clogged pores and breakouts. BUT I have to say that Josie Maran's Argan Oil is not what I expected at all. In fact I actually love it!
Argan Oil is extracted from a nut that is produced by the argan tree (argania spinosa)! It can only be found in SW Morocco. The entire process is done by hand- each individual nut has to be cracked and then the inner parts ground into a paste. It can take up to 10 hours to make an entire litre!


Argan Oil contains the essential fatty acids that our bodies can only get through diet or skin absorption as well as:
 -Anti-inflammatory properties
-Vitamin E which helps heal and restore
 -Anti-oxidants that reduce free radicals (free radicals cause premature aging in cells) 
-Squalene that restores natural moisture levels and aids in healing/growth of cells


Why I love it-
My favorite thing about Josie Maran's Argan Oil is that it's 100% pure and certified organic! This means that there are absolutely no preservatives, dyes or fragrances. I also love the fact that within a few days I already see a difference in the tone of my skin and I haven't had any breakouts.


How and when to use it-
You can use it both day and night! Right now I use it at night after I cleanse my skin. Don't rub it into the skin, just apply it to your finger tips and lightly tap it all over. If I have any excess I just run it through the ends of my hair!


Why it's good for acne-
 We all get acne for different reasons! The most common reason comes from excess oil/sebum production within the skin which clogs pores and causes redness/inflammation. Excess oil/sebum production usually happens because we are not giving our skin the right kind/amount of moisture therefore it has to produce its own. By applying the right kind of moisture our skin will then adjust and oil production will slow down and balance out! Argan Oil also helps heal scarring from acne with the vitamin E!


Where to get Josie Maran Argan Oil-
You can also find Argan Oil for a little bit less at any of your local natural grocers! Make sure the brand is 100% pure and certified organic :)


No comments:

Post a Comment