Thursday, February 6, 2014

Organic & Gentle Brush Cleaner


If you use makeup brushes in your makeup routine it is important to be cleansing them about once a week! Bacteria gets trapped within the bristles and can grow... and then are transferred onto your skin!

I have tried a few brand name brush cleansers that worked alright. They definitely cleansed the brushes but unfortunately DRIED them out like crazy (due to the fact that they contained alcohol).

I started to really think about what I want in a brush cleaner and I came up with this: gentle, cleansing, paraben free and hydrating! If I try to avoid parabens and fillers in my daily skin routine then why would I want them in my brushes?

A few weeks ago I was at Target and I found this product line called "Shea Moisture" that makes organic bath, body and hair care products! All of their products are definitely something to check out! Anyways, they have a baby shampoo that's called "SheaMoisture Raw Shea Chamomile & Argan Oil Baby Head-To-Toe Wash & Shampoo". There are no parabens, phthalates, paraffin, gluten, propylene glycol, mineral oil, synthetic fragrance, PABA, synthetic color, DEA, or sulfates! The shea, chamomile and argan oil are great for hydration and it even has antiseptic/anti-microbial properties from the frankincense and myrrh. So, I decided that if its gentle enough to use on a baby, then I want to try it on my brushes! And it worked perfect :)
Its about 10 dollars but you really only use a pea size amount so it should last quite a while! Just apply a pea size drop to your palm, wet your brush and swirl into hand and rinse. For foundation/blush/poweder brushes you may need to repeat steps! Lay them out on a dry cloth to air dry over night!
Click Here for more information!

No comments:

Post a Comment