Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The Power of Positive Thinking!

 
 
Sometimes we become so consumed with the bad things that happen to us we forget about the good. I believe that by reminding ourselves everyday of the things we are most fortunate for, we tend to move away from the things we are not!
Throughout a few experiences I've had in my life, I have come to the conclusion that what we tell ourselves is what becomes our reality. If you tell yourself that you are "unworthy" of love then eventually you will build up walls between yourself and the people that try to love you. The same goes for what we allow others to tell us about ourselves.
On my way to work one morning I heard a story on the radio about an older couple that really caught my attention. Every Sunday they both would take a piece of notebook paper, write something positive/meaningful about the other, and then read it aloud over a glass of wine after dinner. Telling one other those things helped keep the love in their marriage alive for over 50 years.
 
Their story gave me the idea to begin writing down all of the positive things that happened in my daily life. Whether it was the sunset that I saw after work or the semi-great hair day I was having, I made sure to put it in that book. Every week I would go back through and read all of my entries. Instead of thinking about the girl that was rude to me at the grocery store I was thinking about the older woman that smiled at me and complimented my shoes. I was beginning to focus on the good and forget about the bad.
Challenge: Go out and get a journal that speaks to you! Write in it everyday (all positive) and read back to remind yourself what a great life you actually live! Get out there and make more positive things happen for you and you will see a difference in yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment