Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Product Review #2- Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

I've had a lot of people ask me what kind of clay/mud I use for my masks! For a while I used a pre-mixed mud by a company called Amber that came in a 16 oz. container. It worked alright but I truthfully didn't get the best results AND because its pre-mixed of course there has to be some sort of a preservative to keep the ingredients fresh (which I really try to avoid). So, I went to Whole Foods today and found this product called Indian Healing Clay by Aztec Secret. It comes in a powder form which is great because you can mix it with a number of different liquids for a variety of desired effects as well as essential oils. The best part is that the ingredients are as listed: 100% natural calcium bentonite (green) clay. That's it! It's sun dried without any fragrances or additives and animal tested free! Click here for more information.
Mix 1/2 tbsp. of clay powder with equal parts water!
I figured out the best way to do it is: add water first and then slowly add small amounts of the powder while stirring that way the powder doesn't clump up. I applied evenly to my face, let it sit for 10 minutes and then rinsed with warm water. My face was a tiny bit red afterward but it went away pretty quick and my skin looked and felt really good! Right now my tone is a lot more even (I tend to have a little redness on/around my nose), my pores are definitely visibly smaller and it just feels extra clean! I'm really happy with it and I will be experimenting with some more, so keep an eye out for more blogs on it :)
I got mine at Whole Foods for under $10 and I believe its about 16 oz. but you can also find it at your local Natural Grocery Store! If you can't get to one or don't have one nearby try this website that sells it online:

No comments:

Post a Comment